110000 Broadway SE
Michelle Lujan Grisham
Judy M. Griego
For Immediate Release
June 11, 2019
Two-Day Veterans Health and Benefits Conference to be Presented at the Isleta Resort & Casino
Isleta Resort & Casino (11000 Broadway SE)
(ALBUQUERQUE, NM)—The New Mexico Department of Veterans Services, the Southwest Native American Veterans Association, and the Native American Training Institute are collaborating to present a Veterans Health and Benefits Conference on June 22-23 at the Isleta Resort and Casino in Albuquerque, located at 11000 Broadway SE.
The free two-day conference begins at 8am on June 22 in the resort’s Ballroom C. The first day will be dedicated to presentations on health care, behavioral health, VA, and state veterans benefits available to veterans and transitioning active service-members. Special focus will be on integrating traditional and non-traditional treatment and healthy living modalities.
Among the topics to be discussed are:
- The new VA Mission Act
- Available medical/behavioral health services for Post-Traumatic Stress & Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Equine Assisted Therapy
- VA and state veterans benefits
- Women Veteran Benefits and Services
- Housing Grants
- VA Education Benefits
- Health Care and Transportation Options for Rural Communities
- Employment and Training Services
- the New Mexico Veterans Business Outreach Center
- and other available benefits and programs for veterans.
The conference concludes on June 23 with a noon-7pm Gourd Dance—an elaborate and very special traditional ceremony traced back to the Kiowa and Comanche tribes that honor warriors for their bravery and action in battle.